Welcome to the recipes page! Please note that the term "oat flakes" is used in the recipes instead of more specific terms such as rolled oats or steel cut oats. Each different type of oat flake will give a slightly different texture, so use the type you prefer. Also, if you have been diagnosed with celiac disease and require a strict gluten-free diet, please make sure that the oats you consume have been certified as being free of any contamination from wheat, rye, or barley. Regulations concerning “gluten-free” labeling vary from country to country. Marketing authorization for Canadian oats, for example, can be found here at Health Canada.
Porridges and granola
- This video from Hamlyn's of Scotland shows you how to make traditional Scottish oatmeal porridge.
- You can learn more about porridge and how to dress it up by following the Porridge Lady's blog.
- Overnight No-Cook Oats
Breads and muffins
Main course dishes
- Easy Vegetarian Oat Chili (2019 version)
- Gluten-free Scottish Stuffing
- Mom’s Meatloaf
- Oat and Apple Curry
- Turkey Gut Soup
- Chocolate Cricket Flour Macaroons
- Chocolate Roasted Cricket Macaroons
- Gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies