Oat Global meetings
Oat Global is a public-private partnership committed to improving resilience, quality and value of oat by coordinating precompetitive research, breeding and extension on a global scale. Administered by the Stakman-Borlaug Center (SBC) for Sustainable Plant Health at the University of Minnesota, Oat Global comprises worldwide participants from academia, governments, industry, and oat commodity and other stakeholder groups. Goals of Oat Global include coordination of global oat research, breeding and extension priorities and activities; facilitation of communication across the worldwide oat community; serving as a platform for formation of public-private and public-public partnerships and advocating for funding to support precompetitive oat research, breeding and extension.
In addition to holding meetings such as those listed below, Oat Global is also sponsoring the speaker series called "Speaking of Oats...".
Past Oat Global meetings:
- October, 2019: Oat Strategy Meeting, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN, USA
- November, 2017: 4th Oat Rust Forum, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY, USA
- February, 2017: 3rd Oat Rust Forum, UMN, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- April, 2016: 2nd Oat Rust Forum, UMN, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- February, 2015: Oat Rust Forum, UMN, Minneapolis, MN, USA