(This page is a work in progress and will be used to link to documents/resources pertaining to oat germplasm and the Germplasm Committee. Please send suggestions for content, etc., to the editor: email@example.com)
Code of Ethics
The most recent version (2000) of the "International Oat Workers' Code of Ethics for Germplasm Exchange" is here. This is currently being revised to meet the provisions of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA). For parties signatory to the treaty, a Standard Materials Transfer Agreement (SMTA) has been developed. The treaty document itself can be found here and information from the "Eighth Session of the Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture" can be found here and here. The provisions of the International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) must also be considered, as well as the Access and Benefit Sharing requirements that have been established for EU countries.
- Pedigree of Oat Lines (POOL) database
- The Triticeae Toolbox for Oat (T3/Oat)
- GrainGenes: A database for Triticeae and Avena
- Wageningen University and Research (WUR): Software for plant breeding
Genebanks/Herbaria/Resources for PGR
- The Crop Trust
- Bioversity International
- DivSeek International Network, Inc.
- FAO: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- GRIN Global
- United Kingdom:
- United States:
- UPOV PRISMA PBR Application Tool
- International Board for Plant Genetic Resources (IBPGR) Oat descriptors. (1985) International Board for Plant Genetic Resources, 23 pp.
- United States: