(This page is a work in progress and will be used to link to documents/resources pertaining to oat germplasm and the Germplasm Committee. Please send suggestions for content, etc., to the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Code of Ethics
The most recent version (2000) of the "International Oat Workers' Code of Ethics for Germplasm Exchange" is here. This is currently being revised to meet the provisions of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA). For parties signatory to the treaty, a Standard Materials Transfer Agreement (SMTA) has been developed. The treaty document itself can be found here and information from the "Eighth Session of the Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture" can be found here and here.
The provisions of the International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) must also be considered, as well as the Access and Benefit Sharing requirements that have been established for EU countries. There is a video explaining ABS called "ABS - Simply Explained". Information concerning large-scale screening of germplasm collections and the EU ABS Regulation can be found here.
- Pedigree of Oat Lines (POOL) database
- The Triticeae Toolbox for Oat (T3/Oat)
- GrainGenes: A database for Triticeae and Avena
- Wageningen University and Research (WUR): Software for plant breeding
Genebanks/Herbaria/Resources for PGR
- The Crop Trust
- Bioversity International
- DivSeek International Network, Inc.
- FAO: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- GRIN Global
- United Kingdom:
- United States:
- UPOV PRISMA PBR Application Tool
- International Board for Plant Genetic Resources (IBPGR) Oat descriptors. (1985) International Board for Plant Genetic Resources, 23 pp.
- United States:
Variety trials/Agronomy/Recommended lists
- GRDC: National Variety Trials On-Line
- Tips for mining valuable results from GRDC's National Variety Trials system
- GRDC National Variety Trials (NVT) Case Study: Helping Oat growers make informed variety decisions (video)
- Australian Grains Guide
- NSW: Crop variety update - newer varieties and potential releases for 2023
- GIWA Crop reports
Germplasm Committee members, 2018
(Other information can be found on the "Additional Links" page, in the "Oat Newsletter Archives", in the more recent Research Report sections, and in the "Historical Documents" section.)