American Oat Workers Conference
The dates for the next American Oat Workers' Conference (AOWC) have been announced! The meeting, hosted by oat breeder Aaron Beattie from the Crop Development Centre at the University of Saskatchewan, will be held from 21-24 July, 2024, in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
The official website is here. More information concerning AOWC generally, as well as links to abstracts, etc., from previous conferences, is below.
While the American Oat Workers’ group is designed to meet the needs of those working with oats in North, Central, and South America, everyone is welcome to attend the conference!
AOW Committee structure
The list of AOW Committee members is here.
The draft minutes from the Seattle meeting are here.
The "Statement of Purpose of the Organization of the American Oat Workers Conference" is here.
Previous American Oat Workers Conferences/Hosts:
- 2018 Seattle, WA, USA (BYU and USDA/ARS, Aberdeen)
- 2014 Ottawa, ON, Canada (ECORC, AAFC)
- 2010 Baton Rouge, LA, USA (LSU)
- 2006 Fargo, ND, USA (NDSU)
- 2002 Wilmington, NC, USA (NC State)
- 1998 Winnipeg, MB, Canada (CRC, AAFC)
- 1994 Minneapolis, MN, USA (UMN)
- 1990 Jackson Hole, WY, USA (USDA-ARS, Aberdeen)
- 1986 Ottawa, ON, Canada (PRC, Agriculture Canada)
- 1982 State College, PA, USA (Penn State) (was also the first International Oat Conference)
- 1978 College Station, TX, USA (Texas A&M)
- 1974 Ames, IA, USA (ISU)
- 1970 Raleigh, NC, USA (NC State)
- 1966 East Lansing, MI, USA (MSU)
- 1962 Gainesville, FL, USA (U. Florida) (The 1962 volume of the Newsletter outlines the history of the National Oat Conference from 1946-1963.)
- 1958 Lafayette, IN, USA (Purdue U.) (This was the first National Oat Conference meeting.)