Vol. 59, 2022 Reports
These are the reports submitted for 2022 (updated throughout the year):
- Larsson, O. and Ceplitis, A.
Number 7. New Variety: Armstrong – a high protein, high oil variety with β-glucan to boot! (Original)
- Kocak, A.B., et al.
Number 6. Association Mapping of Germination and Some Early Seedling Stage Traits of a Turkish Origin Oat Collection (Summary)
- Tinker, N.
Number 5. The mosaic oat genome: what’s in it for you? (Original)
- Howarth, C.J., et al.
Number 4. Genotype and environment affect the grain quality and yield of winter oats (Avena sativa L.) (Summary)
- Admassu-Yimer, B., et al.
Number 3. Mapping of crown rust (Puccinia coronata f. sp. avenae) resistance gene Pc54 and a novel quantitative trait locus effective against powdery mildew (Blumeria graminis f. sp. avenae) in the oat (Avena sativa) line Pc54 (Summary)
- Allwood, J.W., et al.
Number 2. Assessing the impact of nitrogen supplementation in oats across multiple growth locations and years with targeted phenotyping and high-resolution metabolite profiling approaches (Summary)
- Kilinc, M.F., et al.
Number 1. Evaluating macro- and micro-mineral contents and agronomic traits of Turkish oat landraces (Summary)
These are the videos from the "Speaking of Oats..." webinar series (updated throughout the year):
- November 17th: Matthias Herrmann (JKI, Germany), Charlotte Rodemann (U. Goettingen, Germany), Selma Schurack (JKI, Germany), Geert Haesaert (U. Ghent, Belgium), Steffen Beuch (Nordsaat, Germany), Hermann Buerstmayr (BOKU, Austria), and Susanne Vogelgsang (Agroscope, Switzerland)
- webinar (on YouTube): CROPDIVA and FUGE - two multiple-area research projects on oats in Europe
- webinar (on this site): CROPDIVA and FUGE - two multiple-area research projects on oats in Europe
- September 14th: Charlene Wight (AAFC; Oat Newsletter Editor), Pablo Olivera Firpo (UMN; Director of Oat Global), and Annie Harvieux (UMN)
- June 14th: Pekka Lehtinen and Ulla Holopainen-Mantila (VTT, Finland)
- webinar (on YouTube): Oats as a multifunctional alternative protein source *and* Novel quality indicators for food oats – The Finnish OatHow study
- webinar (on this site): Oats as a multifunctional alternative protein source *and* Novel quality indicators for food oats – The Finnish OatHow study
- list of references relating to the OatHow study (please note that some of the thesis works are still under embargo)
- April 26th: Cark Maunsell and Emilie Gombert (Oat Cosmetics, UK)
- webinar: Oats as a Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Ingredient (Note that the conversation continues past the slide advertising the June webinar....)
- March 17th: Weikai Yan (Ottawa RDC, AAFC, Canada)
- February 22nd: Allan Rattey (InterGrain, Perth, Australia)
- January 25th/February 1st: Pamela Zwer (Oat Breeding Consultant and former oat breeder at SARDI, Australia) and Guests